GOT DEBRIS? SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE WOOD CHIPPING SERVICE
The FireSmart Team would like to provide a free fuel reduction chipping service to approximately 40 Saturna Island property owners. If you are interested, please fill out the following form and the FireSmart Team will get back to you soon!
PLEASE NOTE: ANYONE WHO SIGNS UP FROM JULY 23rd ONWARDS WILL BE WAITLIST ONLY. We are uncertain of the precise number of properties the chipping company will be able to tackle per day, so there is still a chance that by signing up you can get your debris removed.
● Piles must have easy, direct vehicle access. Please place at top of driveway or on roadside (do not obstruct traffic).
● Please have your pile stacked and ready by Wednesday, July 29th. Chipping runs 29th-31st.
● Only tree branches between 1”- 7”/ 2.5cm – 17cm diameter will be chipped
● Small woody shrubs and branches only – NO construction materials, roots, fine debris, lawn clippings
or loose leaves
● Materials to be chipped are to be clean, free of mud, dirt, and gravel
● To allow for as many users as possible, limit of one 4’ x 4’ x 10’ pile per property
●If due to age or illness you are unable to place your debris pile roadside, please email and we'll try to arrange someone to help.
Do Not Include
◊ Soil, Rock, Roots, Stumps, Metal, Wire or Construction Materials, these items pose a risk to
operators and machinery
◊ Broom, Gorse, Blackberry, or other invasive species as they contaminate the chipped mulch
making it unusable in garden beds.